Psychological support for students and employees of the UwB
This situation has a significant impact on our mental sphere and the people around us. There may be difficulties that you do not know how to deal with. Psychological support in English can be obtained by contacting psychologist dr Beata Mirucka from the Faculty of Education: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information about protective measures against the new coronavirus disease:
In case of any symptoms of illness, such as high fever, cough, difficulty breathing, students should notify it:
1) to a sanitary-epidemiological station: +48 698 145 904; +48 607 635 881
addresses: Warszawska 57A street, Bialystok and Legionowa 8 street, Bialystok
2) in case of intensification of symptoms please call: 112 or hospital: +48 85 740 95 73
address: USK in Żurawia 14 street, Bialystok
24/7 National Health Fund (NFZ) helpline on coronavirus: +48 800 190 590
Additional information can also be obtained from:
- International Cooperation Office, phone: +48 85 745 70 51, +48 85 745 70 21, e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty Erasmus+ Coordinators: https://uwb.edu.pl/coordinators
From 16th of April using a mask in the public places will be obligatory.
The most important decisions taken by polish government:
1) Border control will be temporarily restored (from 15th of March until 3rd of May with the possible extension).
2) Foreigners are not allowed to enter Poland from 15th of March, with exceptions of foreigners who legally live and/or work in Poland.
3) Persons returning from abroad from 15th of March must undergo a two-week home quarantine.
4) International air and rail connections are suspended from 15th of March until 26th of April. National buses and trains operates normally.
5) The borders remain open for the transport of goods.
6) Only grocery stores, pharmacies, and drug stores will remain open.
7) Restaurants, bars, cafes, cinemas, museums, sport facilities will be closed. Restaurants will only be able to operate on delivery and take-away activities.
8) Banks and financial institutions operate.
New quarantine rules from 25th of March until 19th of April:
1) Prohibition of movement- outside movement of persons is prohibited unless it is for work, voluntary work to counteract the effects of COVID-19, store, pharmacy, matters necessary for life, participating in the religious activities.
2) Only 2 people can move in the same time at a distance of no less than 1,5 m from each other. This is not applicable to family members and persons in cohabitation.
3) The limit of peolpe transported in public buses at the same time is not more than half the number of seats.
4) Prohibition of gatherings and meetings. This ban is not applicable to family members and persons in cohabitation as well as gatherings within work activities. Penalty for unjustified gathering may result in a fine of up to 5,000 PLN.
From 31th of March until 19th of April the following restrictions have been introduced by the Polish government:
1) Keep at las 2 meters apart, even when walking. This also applies to families, only minors (under 13 years of age), disabled persons requiring care and the eldery are excluded from the order.
2) No access to parks, boulevards and squares, as well as other recreational places.
3) No one under the age of 18 may leave the home without adult supervision (LUCKILY YOU ARE ALL OVER 18 :))
4) Ban on renting city bikes.
5) All beauty, hair and tattoo salons are closed. Home visits related to the performance of these services are not possible.
6) There can be a maximum of three people in stores per one cash register. If there are 10 cash registers in the store, 30 people will be able to shop at the same time.
7) In post offices this limit is down to two people per one stand.
8) From 2nd of April everybody has to wear gloves before entering the store.
9) Pharmacies, grocery stores and drug stores will remain open, except that between 10am and 12pm they will be open only to people over 65 years of age.
10) Hotels and hostels will be closed, with the exception of businnes travels and buildings intended for quarantine.
11) All stores where you can buy construction things will be closed at weekends.
12) The quarantine formula will be extended. Those who will be subject to it will be completely isolated, also from their family. If quarantine is at home, all household members will be subjected to it.
13) Moving by private car is possible, but it is to take place for a specific purpose.
14) Leaving the house alone is possible for a short walk, to ventilate or to go out with the dog.
15) No access to forest.
Restriction lift from 20th of April
1) Parks and forests will be reopened to the public (playgrounds still closed)
2) Possibility of movement for recreation purpose (running, biking)
3) 4 people per cash register in shops up to 100 m2, 1 person per 15 m2 in shops bigger than 100 m2
4) Churches: 1 person per 15m2
5) You still have to cover your mouth and nose in public spaces
Restriction lift from 04th of May
1) Shopping centres (without cinemas, restaurants, recreational areas located there)
4) Art galleries and museums