The publications of the University of Bialystok mathematicians and computer scientists appear in renowned international journals and are highly ranked. The Faculty cooperates with numerous overseas scientific institutions, including Shinshu University in Nagano (Japan), Technical University in Prague (Czech Republic), Steklov Mathematical Institute in Moscow (Russia) and Federal Polytechnic School of Lausanne (Switzerland). The MIZAR system, developed at the Institute of Informatics, is currently considered the world’s largest repository of computer verified mathematical knowledge.
The most important research projects:
- Operator algebras and dynamic systems;
- Geometric and algebraic methods in quantization;
- Mathematical models of financial markets;
- Computer modelling of physical systems;
- Computing methods in medicine and technical sciences;
- Speech and image analysis.
Informatics and Econometrics
Informatics with the following specializations: Internet and Mobile Technologies, Information Technology in Medicine, Intelligent Computational, Methods,Computer Graphics and Multimedia, Theoretical Information Technology
Mathematics with the specializations: Financial Mathematics