Information duty resulting from Art. 13 par. 1 and par. 2 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation):
1. Data controller of candidates’ personal data is University of Bialystok, ul. Świerkowa 20B, 15-328 Bialystok.
2. Data controller has designated Data Protection Officer responsible for the proper processing of personal data who can be contacted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Personal data will be processed for the purpose of:
- staff and students exchange under agreements concerning interinstitutional cooperation at the University of Bialystok,
- study recruitment procedure at the University of Bialystok including non-degree students,
- to document the course of study,
- for statutory, archival and statistical purposes,
- to vindicate claims in situations envisaged by the provisions of law.
4. A legal basis to process candidates’ personal data is:
Art. 6 par. 1 item a of General Data Protection Regulation, i.e. – explicit, unambiguous and voluntary consent of a candidate to process his personal data for the needs of the recruitment procedure;
Art. 6 par. 1 item b of General Data Protection Regulation, i.e. - processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
Art. 6 par. 1 item c of General Data Protection Regulation, i.e. - processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;
Art. 6 par. 1 item f of General Data Protection Regulation, i.e. - processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller.
5. Providing personal data as well as surplus data is voluntary but necessary to be hosted at University of Bialystok.
6. Data may be disclosed to your home institution or other external entities such as: recruitment agencies, agencies intercessory in recruitment process, visa application agencies, embassies, consulate offices, police departments, border guard departments, students organizations, students associations, university and students research groups, dormitory administration, Centre for Foreign Language Teaching administration, School of Polish Language and Culture administration etc. and in cases envisaged by the provisions of law. Above entities may not belong to European Economic Area. Data will be stored for the period necessary for the purposes of recruitment, processing, and for the period required by exchange regulations or by other agreements concerning interinstitutional cooperation regulations between University of Bialystok and Students Home Institution and by the provisions of law.
7. You have the right of access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data as well as restriction of data processing and portability and objection to data processing. You have the right to revoke your consent.
8. Whenever data processing infringes the provisions of the law in force, you have the right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authority.
9. Personal data submitted will neither be processed automatically nor profiled in any way.
I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understood the above information and I consent to the processing of my personal data by the University of Bialystok for the needs as described above.